Monday, April 1, 2013



04/01/2013


The Getty Center in Los Angeles is one of the great museums of the world. It is located in the hills above Santa Monica and has a view that extends from the city center to the ocean.  The museum allow's photography so I thought it would be a fun challenge to make some pictures there.

Museums are typically not lit well for photography but with the right gear and the right frame of mind there are fun things to make photo's of.

Im using a Nikon D700 and for this trip I equipped it with a Zeiss ZF 50mm f1.4. I set the ISO sensitivity to 1250 aperture at f4 shutter at 1/25, and WB 3200. I know my shutter was a little slow hand holding the 50 and it did at times effect what I was trying to do but generally speaking I have a pretty steady hand so I was able to pull it off for the most part.  Naturally for the exteriors I changed my setting to daylight and 200 ISO.

Photo's are processed with Aperture and Nik Silver FX Pro.












So if your bored and just don't know what to photograph come to LA and go to the Getty!

No comments:

Post a Comment