Tuesday, March 26, 2013



03/26/2013


The Angeles-Rosedale Cemetery was founded in Los Angeles in 1884 and in 1887 became the second cemetery in the United States to open a crematory. It was also the first cemetery in Los Angeles open to all races and creeds.

I am interested in burial rituals and death iconography so I spent some free time making pictures at the Angeles -Rosedale.

The cemetery is pretty run down and many of the gravesides are somewhat neglected. I chose to use the Zeiss 25mm f2.8 and leave it pretty much wide open so I could take advantage of its natural vignette. For the most part this worked out well and I was able to make a few pictures I really liked.

The Zeiss 25mm f2.8 wide open gives very nice contrast and sharpness. Here are the results.










Ok now its time to go a little dark.







I used NIK Silver FX Pro for the black and white conversions.

No comments:

Post a Comment