Wednesday, March 20, 2013



03/20/2013


Macau is a short ferry ride from Hong Kong. It is an "independent" state that is lightly administered by China. It was a Portuguese colony and the culture of Macau is still heavily influenced by a long "relationship" with Portugal. I had about 11 hours to make some pictures there.

Most of the wide high cityscapes were made through the window of my hotel and introduced optical artifacts that were pleasing to me for the most part in some instances. I used both a Zeiss ZF 25mm f2.8, ZF 18mm f3.5, and the Nikkor 180mm f2.8. The image of the Kiosk on a rainy night was made with the Nikon 55mm f2.8 micro Nikkor.

Warning: HDRI ahead.














One thing I learned while doing this short essay is the importance of having a tripod with me at all times when seriously practicing photography. And thank goodness for these Zeiss ZF lenses!

No comments:

Post a Comment