Tuesday, March 19, 2013



03/19/2013


I work in the motion picture and television industry in Los Angeles or Hollywood if you will. You would think I would be making pictures of all the Movie and TV sets I have worked on over the years but instead I would be doing stuff like this.

I was using a Canon 40D here along with canon's immaculate 100mm f2.8 macro lens. I used a Mole Richardson Baby Junior or BJ in industry parlance. I opened up the fresnel door hooked the light up to a 2k Variac reduced the intensity by 90% and clicked away until the next lighting set up when we needed the Junior.






This one is my favorite, I love the way the light traces a molten canal around the outside of the reflector.



Even though I have moved on from Canon equipment I do look back fondly on the 100mm Macro as well as the excellent if grossly underused 135mm F2. That being said I love my Zeiss and Nikkor lenses just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment